ANCHOR FOR "JOURNALISM"
The Platte County High School Journalism Program provides a unique learning experience for students. The program nurtures students’ raw talent and exhibits their work center-stage in print and digital environments for their school and community. The program’s curriculum focuses on practical application of writing and visuals, development of strong research skills, real-world use of technology and encouragement of civic engagement. This includes knowing how to seek credible information and how to make positive change in a community. Students learn about social responsibility, the importance of education and how to produce news and information that is accurate, fair and responsible.
MISSION & GOALS
- Teach essential writing, visual, communication and critical thinking skills to be workplace- and college-ready for any field
- Prepare students to use digital communication tools with responsibility and confidence
- Engage students in their community through face-to-face learning opportunities
- Nurture the voices of student journalists, helping them to develop self-confidence and allowing them to explore issues that matter to their peers
- Train the next generation of journalists to produce news and information accurately, fairly and responsibly